July 2013: Power Play
July's Birchbox was a collaboration with the television show 'Suits' (one of my favorite shows, yay!). I received five fun samples in July:
- Number 4: Super Comb Prep & Protect spray for hair.
- DDF: Acne Control Treatment
- Benefit: It's Potent! eye cream
- theBalm: InStain blush in Swiss Dot
- Birchbox: set of white bobby pins
Most-used products: Benefit eye cream and the Prep & Protect spray.
Least-used products: the bobby pins because they're not very flexible.
I'm really happy that BB sampled theBalm Instains, but the shade I received is just a touch too red (i.e. kind of looks like sunburn lol).
August 2013: Finishing School
Okay, if I'm being honest, I wasn't completely over the moon about the August Birchbox. I'm not a huge fan of lipstick, the TanTowel is a little intimidating, and I got feet wipes (which surprisingly ended up being a favorite lol). My five samples included:
- ModelCo: Party Proof lipstick in Disco Fever
- Dr. Jart+: Premium Beauty Balm
- Violet Oasis: 100% Premium Argan Oil
- Jasmine Seven: Fresh Feet wipes
- TanTowel: Classic Formula Self-Tan towelette
Most-used item: the Jasmine Seven wipes, which are so delightful, refreshing, and peppermint-y (and handy for all the flip-flop wearing in SoCal!). I would definitely order more of these.
Least-used items: the lipstick, BB cream, and TanTowel.
Overall, this wasn't my most favorite Birchboxes, but you win some and lose some :)
September 2013: Heritage
The September theme revolved around the three-year anniversary of Birchbox. I really enjoyed this one, so much so that I started using all the products before taking a picture lol. So thank you, Birchbox, for the use of the image above! My five products were as follows:
- Beauty Protector: Protect & Shampoo
- Beauty Protector: Protect & Condition
- RUFFIAN: nail lacquer in Hedge Fund
- Mereadesso: All-In-One Moisturizer
- Glam Natural: Cream Blush (three sample packets)
Most-used products: I am looooving the Mereadesso All-In-One Moisturizer! It also functions as a makeup primer, toner, and eye cream and smells beyond amazing. I would definitely purchase the full-size version of this! Secondly, the Beauty Protector shampoo and conditioner are awesome - they're sulfate-free and have left my hair super-soft, especially in conjunction with the brand's Protect & Detangle spray that I received in a prior box.
Least-used product: the RUFFIAN nail lacquer, but only because I don't really like the green/gold color.
I received my October Birchbox yesterday, so be on the lookout for all the goodies inside - coming up soon! If you're interested in getting a Birchbox of your own every month, check them out here!
*referral links are included in the post above.