For now, I'll be keeping the following subs:
For $10 a month, you really can't beat this beauty sub. The cool thing is that you get points for the samples you review from each Birchbox you receive, and the points add up to money to spend in the Birchbox shop (read: full-size products for free, or almost free!). I feel like Birchbox has really stepped up their sample game lately because my recent boxes have been fabulous. Since I'm so pleased with BB, I'll be keeping this sub for the foreseeable future.
POPSUGAR Must Have Box
Okay, so this box is $35 a month. I was extremely lucky to receive six months of this sub for free because of referrals (thank you!), but that time has now come to an end. I really like the lifestyle-themed, mostly full-size items I get to try via PSMH and don't feel as though it's a bad value for the items received. I don't think I'll keep this sub on a monthly basis, but I've decided that it's okay to splurge on it every now and then (especially if there's a promo code floating around!).
One-time purchase boxes like the Target Beauty Box, Allure Beauty Box, etc. are still all fair game lol.
And the boxes I've discontinued:
1. GLOSSYBOX - at $21 a box, it's too expensive to keep this sub on a monthly basis.
2. FabFitFun - I was let down by their first box and decided not to subscribe for the summer installment.
3. Goodies.co - this $7 snack box is fun, but I'd like to spend my calories on more fruits and veggies :)
4. Cravebox - went of business a few months ago, boxes weren't super-awesome.
5. Loose Button Luxe Box - this Canadian service offered two US boxes last year but did not continue.
In the meantime, I'll be